Friday, April 24, 2009

New Monthly Feature On Scriptshadow

note: Scroll down to see Friday's review of "The Long Run"

Scott's going to kill me for posting this so early but I was supposed to post it at 9am my time and I know that there's no way in hell I'm going to be up at 9am. So it's now or never. The Scott in question, Scott Myers over at Go Into The Story, and I are going to do a monthly feature (assuming you guys like it) where we pick out a recently sold spec script, GIVE IT TO YOU GUYS A WEEK AHEAD OF TIME SO YOU CAN READ IT, review it ourselves the following Friday in a dual review of fates, and then have a cross-intergalactic-blog discussion about the script in the comments section.

One of the reasons I started this site was to get people discussing scripts. Unfortunately by the time you download and read them, the original review is buried 4 or 5 posts back. And who has time for history right? That's like so yesterday. This way, you don't have an excuse. We're giving you the script a week ahead of time. Although the focus of the conversation should be on why you believe the script sold, you can discuss any of your intricate thoughts about structure, story, characters, plot. I want people to actually learn something. Yeah, you heard that right: LEARN.

The first script in this feature is titled "Medieval." Said to be a "The Dirty Dozen" in the age of castles, plagues and serfs, the script sold for 800,000 dollars back in February. So this is your first assignment my friends. Your first Scriptshadow homework. Don't let me down.

Script link: Medieval

edit: Mediafire's been acting weird so if you can't download the link you'll have to hang tight while I find an alternative. Which will happen whenever I wake up. :)