Friday, April 17, 2009

Coming Up This Week...

So this week is going to be fun. I'm going to review five of the top selling specs from 2008, starting with the lowest and ending with the highest on Friday. That particular script went for 2 million against 3 million. As I would've said back in third grade: Dayum! (actually I only have to go back to last year for the most recent dayum) Now it just so happens I've already reviewed some big sellers from 2008. Iron Jack sold for 1.25 against 2 million. That review can be found here. A script link can be found here. The Treehouse Gang, which I just reviewed last week, was sold for 750k against 1.5. You can find that review here. And finally Hereafter, which was purchased by Spielberg and Eastwood for low seven figures can be found here. Script review here.

Two new spec scripts I'm looking for that sold this week: "Danny Graves' Man Cave" and "The Highest Bid". And more importantly, "The Long Run" which sold last year. This is one of the 2008 big sellers and I'd like to include it in my week of reviews, if only because it balances out the genres (which right now stand at 4 comedies and 1 drama). If you have'em, please send'em. And if you're new to the site, please check out the "Scripts I'm Looking For" list to the right. Those are toughies, but some of you have come through in a big way, finding me things I never thought I'd get my hands on. I'm more thankful than you know.

Also, in the coming days I'll be extending my Script Analysis Service onto Scriptshadow. Keep an eye out for it because the first five people to sign up will get 50% off. My notes are awesome and my price is extremely competitive, so take advantage! :)

For all you Twitterers, my Scriptshadow Twittering has begun. Jump onboard. Scriptshadow.

And hey, if you have a suggestion for the site or just want to say hi, drop me a line at Carsonreeves1@gmail.com. A lot of you already have and I appreciate the feedback.

-Carson