Monday, July 27, 2009

Representation Week

So I'm doing something different next week. I want to give four writers a chance to get some exposure. The only catch is you have to have agency representation and not yet have sold a script. If you meet those requirements, send me your script, your agency, and a logline. I'll take the four most interesting loglines and review those scripts Monday-Thursday. If you don't want your script posted or you won't be able to take a potentially negative review, then you shouldn't participate. I know a lot of you unrepresented writers are crying foul here but there's a reason I'm only allowing represented writers. First, I don't want to be inundated with 10,000 e-mails. But more importantly, this is an exercise to review scripts from writers who *were* able to land representation, but have not yet been able to sell a script. What's the difference in quality between a represented and an unrepresented writer? What's the difference in quality between a represented writer and a represented writer with a sale? Is the difference merely a matter of luck? That's what I want to explore. Who knows? Maybe we'll find something great. Send the scripts to this e-mail: Carsonreeves2@gmail.com. There is no guarantee your script will be chosen but you have my word that I will delete all scripts I don't use. Deal?

Okay, now let's make one of you guys a millionaire.

Edit: I've decided to allow Manager representation as well. Though the choices will be weighted to favor agency representation.

Accepting submissions until: Saturday, August 1st