Saturday, November 7, 2009

Learn More About Scriptshadow


So, there have been some new people to jump on the site recently (probably due to the Top 25 List) and it's been awhile since I've really talked about Scriptshadow, so I figured it was a good time to recap how you can get the most out of the site.

Facebook and Twitter - I have both a Facebook Fan Page and a Twitter account. It's a good idea to become a fan for a key reason. I announce new blog posts the second they go up, and since occasionally writers and producers will ask me to take a script link down, you may be able to get to that link before it's removed. So stop messing around and join my Facebook and Twitter pages!

Comments - My original vision was to have Scriptshadow become the de facto site for discussing screenplays. Although I believe I've achieved that, not enough of you know about or visit the comments section. I know it may be annoying initially, but go sign up for a "Disqus" account so you can start commenting! Since your e-mail is then shown to me, if you leave a comment or ask a question ("I'm looking for this script. Where do I find it?"), I can e-mail you directly with an answer. It's an alternative way to get in direct contact with me.

I know for some of you, you've had trouble with the commenting system. I've tried four major commenting programs now, and this is the one with the least amount of hassle. If it's not working for you, try another browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari). My experience has been that Mozilla Firefox on a PC works best. Macs have had the most trouble in the commenting department, but trying alternative browsers seems to solve most of the problems. I apologize that the comments are such a disaster for some people, but I've spent many hours on it and this is the best I've been able to come up with.

Scripts I'm Looking For - This site cannot exist without the generosity of its contributors. Over to the top right there is a list of scripts I'm looking for. If you have anything on the list, help out and send it along so I can review it. If it makes you nervous, send from a fake e-mail.

More About Me - I don't talk about myself much on the site, but I did do an interview with Kristy at Matriarchal Script Paradigm awhile back. Looking back at it now, I come off as a sex-addict for some reason. So if you can get past that, you might learn a thing or two about me.